- Longe for about 15 minutes, focusing on calmness and relaxation.
- Ride for about 15 minutes, focusing on calmness and relaxation, and:
- Having some contact with the reins. Not trying to position his head, but just get him used to the rider taking a feel.
- Keeping a steady rhythm.
- Fairly minimal level of leg contact and pressure.
- Get used to exercising up close to jumps, cones, sprinklers, dogs, and other obstructions.
- Introduction of ground poles.
- Overflowing bucket of feed. He needs about 100 lbs of weight.
So far, my trainer has babysat me for each of these sessions. Tonight is my first time doing it solo. I’m not too worried.
So, what is Phase 2, you ask? I have no idea. I’m sure Laurie will tell me when we get there. =)
As to Bohemian’s social life, unfortunately the arranged friendship with Storm is not working out so well. Apparently there have been some tizzies, and Bohemian has been losing. Each day I see him the Corona ointment comes out. I hope they can figure it out soon so we don’t have to be bothered with stall swapping.