I love goals. They don’t always love me, but I love them anyway. I have both action goals and results goals, so that I feel accomplished by doing things even if I don’t produce desired outcomes.
Sarah & Bohemian’s 2014 Goals
- XC school at 2 new venues.
- Show at 2 new venues.
- Participate in 4 clinics and/or lessons with other trainers.
- Improve our dressage scores from 2013.
- Become 100% solid at Beginner Novice.
- Set and review specific goals each quarter.
By the end of the year I want to feel that we are getting to be more competitive at Beginner Novice. Not necessarily in the ribbons, but hopefully in the top half of the field (rather than towards the bottom/dead last).
I really love how some other bloggers regularly review their goals, and that’s something I’m going to try this year. Setting specific goals (say, learning to canter from the walk) will help give structure to working towards our annual goals.
|Note I didn’t specify “good” photos/artwork.|
- More photos & artwork.
- Regular design updates.
- Overall beautification & streamlining.
- Continue posting 2-3 times per week.
Only during this past year have I started to think about blog improvement, and with helpful and inspiring posts such as this one from TSB and this one from SMTT I think that Eventing In Color can become a better blog in 2014.
- Keep better track of horsey budget & expenses.
- Lose 15 lbs.
- Organize my garage.
- Be better about remembering birthdays.
Wishing Hemie and I and all of our readers best wishes for a great 2014! May all of us either reach our goals, or go with the flow to whatever the universe has in store for us this coming year!