October-November-December/Q4 2014 Goals Review
- XC school at a new venue. – Done! We went to Tugger X ranch (recap and video here).
- Participate in a clinic or get a lesson from another trainer. – Didn’t happen.
- Continue to focus on relaxation and Hemie’s enjoyment of flatwork. – Yes! It’s been a high priority.
- Continue with healthy choices for weight loss. – Yes! I’ve been losing weight even with the holiday celebrations so far. I’ll post about how I’m doing it sometime.
- Get my act together with remembering people’s birthdays. – Meh…mostly fail. I’ve been good about checking FB regularly and sending birthday wishes online though.
This was my first year doing quarterly goals and reviews, and I’m still considering whether I’ll continue in 2015.
This year I had many more goals than in the past several years. I like to have a balance of goals that are action-based and results-based (so that I can check things off the list even if we don’t get the results I’d like) and this year that proved to be a smart strategy.
XC school at 2 new venues – Done! We schooled at Galway Downs in January and Tugger X in November.
Show at 2 new venues – Done! We competed at Galway Downs February and White Birch in March.
Participate in 4 clinics and/or lessons with other trainers – Mostly done! I did 3 instead of 4: clinic’d with Hawley Bennett-Awad in January, Dr. Christian Schacht in February, Chemaine Hurtado in October.
|Galway XC Clinic Jan 2014 with Hawley Bennett-Awad|
Improve our dressage scores from 2013 – Done! Not a huge improvement, and there’s the eternal debate of schooling show scoring vs rated show scoring…but at the end of the day I think we have a better time in the sandbox now.
Become 100% solid at Beginner Novice – Not done. I’ve come to realize that I wont feel 100% solid at BN until we’ve gotten through at least 1 or 2 (maybe more) registered HTs where I feel very positive in our performance and we finish at least half-way in the division.
Set and review specific goals each quarter – Done! It was helpful in some ways, needs improvement in others.